Head of Operations
Nowadays is a viral marketing agency that has done 8 figures over the last 5 years with some of the biggest products, brands, and apps in the world: TikTok, Dyson, Clash of Clans, DC Comics, Calm, Cameo, and more. We’ve come to realize that scaling into a powerhouse agency will require a dedicated and experienced Operations pro who can come in and take possession of our systems and ops to create streamlined, scalable processes aimed at exiting the agency and selling it to a conglomerate – which you’ll be a part of sharing the upside in.
This is an opportunity for a tested operations expert – who’s taken a business from tens of employees to hundreds, millions in revenue to tens of millions in revenue – to come into a well-established agency with great clients, case studies, and connections and take it to the next level. As the Head of Operations, you’ll have the autonomy to make us the best we can be – and share in the reward when we sell the company together. You’ll also have performance incentives as we grow, allowing you to share in the success you help us cultivate as we go as well – and a title bump up to Chief Operations Officer.
Reporting directly to the Founders, the Head of Operations, the ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record in developing a strong creative agency pipeline and building scalable processes. You’ll only be considered if you’re an incredibly organized, two steps ahead of the game type of person.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Business Development – We want to be able to trust you to optimize the business in any way you see fit to drive revenue goals and expand our team at a healthy pace.
- Refine our campaign process into a scalable machine that can do tens of millions in revenue.
- Management – You’ll be in charge of dealing with everyone you hire. If you need an HR person, we can do that. If you need a project manager, we can do that. It’s your ballgame.
- Create a plan for staffing – handling hiring, onboarding, firing, outboarding.
- Campaign Execution – Communicating with influencers / leading our campaigns team while developing it into a streamlined process that you don’t have to be as involved in.
- Design templates for presentations and other marketing materials
- Creative Pipeline – We work with creators all day long, and there’s always a better way to do it. You’ll be in charge of cultivating our network, managing their data, and optimizing our process for creating content with them.
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop client proposals and sales closing process.
- Leverage existing partnerships and look to develop new ones.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or an applicable field of study
- 5+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of operations leadership experience
- Experience in building and managing a team from scratch is preferred.
- Strong business acumen in emerging industries.
- Ability to work independently and time manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to follow through on execution.
- You have run and scaled logistically complex operations
- Experience with data analysis and a data-focused approach
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Humility and tenacity – no task is too big OR too small
- A positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.